1) The San Fran public transit (re: bus system) is confusing and inability to navigate it may result in copious amounts of walking through multiple neighborhoods.
2) When one is tired of walking said copious amounts, a sighted trolley may seem like an oasis in the desert. Be warned...the trolley is a dangerous, wild ride. How that dude controls a vehicle overloaded with annoying tourists - all with one pulley-stick-thingy - is beyond me.
3) If one should ever master said bus system and actually board a bus, know that one might still look like a tourist (despite efforts to seem otherwise). In these cases, it's best to not speak to the self-proclaimed meth addict sitting across from you. Just FYI.
4) After a long day of walking and riding buses, French-owned coffee shops sell delicious almond croissants.
5) Yes, it is possible to walk from Union Square to the Golden Gate Bridge. But it's a looooooooong way. :)
Here are a few pics from our trip...
Prime hotel location
Hang on around curves!
Fisherman's Wharf cuisine
Beautiful Golden Gate
Bizarre/beautiful monument thingy...still not sure what it was/who put it there
This was a steep hill. Believe it.
Oh, my sister Summer...she makes friends where ever she goes!