1.02.2012

Get Fit Bride - 2012 Resolution


A few years ago, I heard a statistic about weight loss – something about how 92 percent of people who lose weight regain it within a year. Seriously, 92 percent??!?! Why even try then, right?

Yet, as a new year dawns once again, here I am on the weight loss hamster wheel. This has been a pattern in my life for the past seven-ish years: Jan – July = super motivated to lose weight (and usually do), Aug – Nov = get distracted/busy/tired and ultimately careen into the horrific downhill slide of December.  Ah, December. It begins with the “Hey, what will a few cookies/eggnog lattes/etc. hurt?” and ends with “#%#*&, what have I done to myself!?!?!”  Today, I think I spotted an extra five pounds around my waist alone…courtesy of the 8,000 Turtle Bars I ate last week in AZ.

My 2012 resolution to lose weight may be the same, but the motivation behind it is much more intense. In addition to wanting to be the healthiest version of myself, I also have an awesome near-future goal: look great at my wedding. In the next three months, I’m going to commit myself to 1) consuming 1200 calories a day, and 2) working out seven days a week. Ideally, I’d like to lose 30 pounds before my wedding day in June, and hope that 25 of those pounds are shed before my March 29th dress fitting.

This is a BIG goal, but I’ve got a couple weapons. WeightWatchers, for one. This has been the only “diet” to date that has actually worked for me to some degree. I love the flexibility of WW, mostly because I don’t feel deprived. A second weapon is Jillian Michaels. Her workout DVDs are quick and painful – this is good for a working girl. In the past, being diligent with Jillian has rendered noticeable muscle definition. That said, I’ve never truly attempted her 30-Day Shred in 30 days, and I’m excited to see what the results will be.

A forever list-maker, I think it’s always good to write important things down. So, here are my specific goals for this FitBride 2012 resolution:
           
Resolution:      Lose 30 pounds by June 1st

Sub goals:       1) Eat a diet of 1200 calories a day
                                    a) Avoid processed foods
                                    b) No eating after 7 p.m.
                                    c) Enter all food into WeightWatchers log
                                    d) Drink at least 80 oz. water each day
           
                        2) Work out every single day
                                    a) Jillian/5-6 days
                                    b) Walking/1-2 days
                                    c) Key focus areas: arms and tummy

Mantra:            “Can I do this today? Just today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment